This page has moved to a new address.

How To: Vintage Hankie Tissue Holder

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: How To: Vintage Hankie Tissue Holder

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Wednesday 5 September 2012

How To: Vintage Hankie Tissue Holder

It's officially Spring in Melbourne, which for me means hayfever! I suffer terribly and always have tissues handy at all times. Rather than having ugly boxes all over the house, I thought making a cute tissue holder from a vintage hankie would be a fun (and very meta) idea. Inspired by those cute pocket size tissue pouches, but much larger to fit full sized tissues.
I'd also recommend this tissue holder when traveling to avoid having to buy those ludicrously over priced travel tissue packs.

This has got to be one of the easiest sewing projects ever. If you don't have a sewing machine, it's easy enough to hand stitch.

You will need:
A Hankie a little larger than the length of you tissues
General sewing supplies
How to:
Using a small pile of tissues as a guide in the center of the hankie, fold the sides over to meet each other in the middle and pin.
Remove tissues.
Stitch along the dotted lines.
Replace tissues and your are done!
I told you it was easy.

Labels: , , , , ,